What is IRHC?
National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH).
Inter-Residence Hall Council Mission Statement
We, the student leaders and members of the IRHC, share a common goal: to improve the quality of life for all students living in NYU residence halls. We hope to strengthen communication between the IRHC and the residents whom we represent. We provide a voice for all residents to the administration and the greater NYU community.
- To foster community within and across residence halls at NYU
- To enhance the residential experience at NYU
- To support hall councils and provide students with leadership development opportunities
- To advocate on behalf of residents to the NYU administration
- To create meaningful programmatic opportunities for students to connect with one another
- To instill a sense of pride in the residential broader NYU community
The IRHC is a subcommittee of the Student Senator’s Council/University Committee on Student Life, the greater NYU student government system, and represents student opinions on issues of residential education, housing, public safety and other concerns.